Give to Grow: Investing in Early Childhood Literacy Today to Build Tomorrow's Workforce
Corporate Citizenship Toolkit developed by Gena Rotstein in partnership with the Calgary Public Library and Good Company. This resource walks small businesses through the creation and execution of a corporate citizenship strategy focusing on literacy in an effort to build a stronger literate workforce. The concepts presented can be applied to other target issues.
Click here to learn more about the Give To Grow campaign. Download your toolkit today and start shaping the workforce of tomorrow.
Big Data in the Charitable Sector
Did you know that you can use Big Data to make smarter decisions about where to spend your social capital? Or that you can use charity sector Big Data to help you power your latest tech solution? We have published a whitepaper that takes a look at the data that powers Dexterity Ventures Inc.’s Place2Give site, and how you can use that data for your charitable giving or business needs.
Creating your Charitable Giving Plan
- Workbook developed by Gena Rotstein and some of the Dexterity Consulting clients (families, individuals and advisors) designed to walk individuals and families through the charitable giving planning process. Available for FREE. To order a hard copy, email Yvonne or download a PDF here.
What's inside the workbook? You will be guided through a series of social visioning, charity evaluation and legacy planning questions ending in a document that will have mapped out your charitable plan. This is a "living document" and is something that you can and should revisit as part of your regular financial planning process.
Making Informed Charity Decisions
- Navigating Your Charitable Giving - A Social Visioning Workbook
- How we evaluate charities
- The 2013 Annual Dexterity Ventures charity list
- Donor Bill of Rights (AFP)
- Code of Ethical Fundraising and Financial Accountability (Imagine Canada)
- Starting a Foundation (Philanthropic Foundations Canada - PFC)
- Charity Intelligence Canada (Recommended Charities)
- Canada Revenue Agency Policy on Fundraising (CRA)
- Vehicles for Giving - Comparison Chart
- CRA Charity Compliance Regulations
- BLG's Not-for-Profit Blog
Funding Opportunities for Non-Profit Leaders to Support participation in Leadership Development Programming at The Banff Centre.
A variety of scholarships are available for non-profit leaders with registered Canadian charities thanks to the generous support of donors who recognize the important role that non-profit organizations play in our communities.
General scholarships are available for non-profit leaders from registered Canadian charities thanks to the generous support of anonymous donors and from The Banff Centre endowments. Call TheBanff Centre Leadership Development Department at 1.800.590.9799 or click for more information. For a list of current programming, click here.
|Comparison Chart.pdf||181.6 KB|
|Types of Charities.pdf||115.13 KB|